Clarity and Strength in Immigration Law

Tagged: J-1

Green Cards for Postdoctoral Researcher Scholars: Easier to Obtain a Green Card on H-1B than on J-1?

Many postdocs working in the US as research scholars are here on the J-1 visa. The J-1 visa is a temporary visa classification, and it actually does not allow for dual intent. Dual intent refers to the idea that a foreign national can hold a particular temporary visa classification and have the permanent residence (green […]

Read More

Transitioning from J-1 Visa to Green Card: Seven Ways to Avoid Delays and Denials

We work with many clients who are applying for a “fast-track” green card, that is applying as an alien of extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher or professor, or applying for the national interest waiver. Frequently, those clients are either currently on a J-1 visa and now want to apply for the green card, or they were […]

Read More