If you need to send (or bring) an employee to the US to work, you can take a few easy steps to make the process faster and smoother for you, your company, and for the employee. For example, these are the basic questions to consider; this information will help the immigration attorney expedite the preparation and filing process:
- When does the employee need to be in the US? Is this a hard and fast date, or is there any flexibility?
- What is the employee coming to the US to do? Will he/she just attend meetings, or will she/he be working? If he/she will be working in the US, what kind of work will he/she do? Will they be placed at a client site?
- How long do you think the employee will need to stay in the US?
- Who will pay the employee while he/she is in the US?
- Do you anticipate the employee will want to file for permanent residence in the future (through the employer or otherwise)?
Stay tuned for more valuable information and strategy! Coming up next: What can I do (and not do)on the B-1?