Need to send an employee to the US to work? Plan Ahead and Avoid Delays and Surprises!

If you need to send (or bring) an employee to the US to work, you can take a few easy steps to make the process faster and smoother for you, your company, and for the employee. For example, these are the basic questions to consider; this information will help the immigration attorney expedite the preparation and filing process:

  1. When does the employee need to be in the US? Is this a hard and fast date, or is there any flexibility?
  2. What is the employee coming to the US to do? Will he/she just attend meetings, or will she/he be working? If he/she will be working in the US, what kind of work will he/she do? Will they be placed at a client site?
  3. How long do you think the employee will need to stay in the US?
  4. Who will pay the employee while he/she is in the US?
  5. Do you anticipate the employee will want to file for permanent residence in the future (through the employer or otherwise)?

Stay tuned for more valuable information and strategy! Coming up next: What can I do (and not do)on the B-1?

Categories: Uncategorized

Recent blog posts

Great news for those applying for naturalization to become a US citizen! USCIS will now continue to use the 2008 version of the civics test. In the last days of the Trump administration, USCIS announced that they would use a longer and harder version… Read More
By Nikita Hernandez, Sumner Immigration Law Paralegal It’s official! You’ve become Mr. or Mrs. and want to take on your spouse’s name while getting your US permanent residence situated, but when is the best time to do that? APPLYING FOR A NAME… Read More
One of the most common questions that we receive from our clients is about case processing time. The USCIS and DOL estimated case processing times are available online, but that source can be frustrating as they sometimes give a wide range of timefra… Read More

Read More Blog Posts

“As a client, I have known Ms. Sumner from her immigration seminar at my university at last year. At that time, literally I had no idea or direct for what I have to do to obtain regal status to stay in US, as an Asian single professional woman. Howeve…”
– Yun
“Emily is one of the best lawyer in town. We filed for my wife I-485 based on marriage as I already have my GC. It took less than 3 months for the whole process…starting from sending our documents to USCIS till my wife got her GC. I panicked so…”
– Binayak

More Client Reviews