EB-1B Outstanding Researcher or Professor Criteria

To qualify as an outstanding researcher or professor, the beneficiary (person seeking permanent residence) must show that he/she is recognized internationally as outstanding in a specific academic area, and must have at least three years’ experience in teaching or research in the academic area. The position (researcher or professor) must be for a tenure or tenure-track position, or a permanent offer. To show that the beneficiary is recognized internationally as outstanding, the beneficiary must show that he/she has at least two of the following:

  1. Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement.
  2. Membership in an association which requires outstanding achievement.
  3. Published material in professional publications written by others about the applicant’s work.
  4. Evidence of participation as a judge of the work of others.
  5. Evidence of original scientific research.
  6. Authorship of scholarly books or articles in the field.