Our mission is to help corporations and their foreign national employees, as well as individual professionals and families, to navigate the complexities of the U.S. immigration system with confidence, so they can reach their corporate and individual goals. We recognize that, for our clients, the end goal is not the visa or green card itself, but that those are the means to another end – the ability to work and live in the U.S., to travel freely, etc. Our ideal end results include:
|For Employer ||For Employee and Individual |
Contain costs within set budget
|Rest in full confidence in their immigration team to allow them to fully focus on work duties and other obligations |
Obtain successful immigration results with limited staff involvement
Obtain successful immigration results so they can meet professional and personal goals
|Have clear picture of immigration case status at any point in time for informed business and occupational decisions || |
How we accomplish this (and how we are different from other firms):
- Consistent communication is key! Even a well-planned and well-managed immigration process can sometimes be anxiety-provoking, especially for the foreign national whose livelihood and family plans depend on it, or for managers whose professional success depends on securing key personnel. Consistent communication regarding case status and updates, whether the case is under preparation or in process with a government agency, can reduce the anxiety and allow everyone to feel more comfortable with the process. For this reason, we have invested in a state-of-the-art online case management system that allows for automated updates and real-time 24/7 reporting for individuals, employees and employers alike. Further, we have invested dozens of hours of our time in highly customizing the system to provide automated, timely updates and reminders about next action steps for clients, so that clients have ample time to prepare the documents that are required for the next stage of the process. This automation keeps clients abreast and frees up more time for us to address individual case idiosyncrasies.
- We do not just process papers. We help clients think strategically about their end goals and then, help them explore the various immigration options they may have to help them accomplish that goal.
- We proactively structure the process, so the clients know what to expect and when. Surprises in immigration processes are generally not pleasant, so we point out potential pitfalls and obstacles in advance and navigate around them whenever possible.
- We have significant experience and focus exclusively on immigration law, particularly handling business-based and family-based petitions. This means we spend 100% of our time immersed in this highly complex, always-changing area of the law. We are on top of changes that will affect your case,and have years of experience in the field. We are likely to have seen cases like yours before and can advise you on the best options, based on real-world experience.
- We only accept a limited number of cases at any given time. Immigration firms frequently have a high volume of cases, which limits the amount of attention the attorneys and staff can give to any one case. We, however, have made an intentional decision to limit our caseload, so that, leveraging our cutting-edge case management software, we can provide superior client service.
- Finally, we have a passion for immigration law. Attorney Emily Sumner went to law school specifically to become an immigration attorney. We hire staff who express a strong interest in immigration and international affairs which is a key benefit for our clients: people who love their work are more likely to do a great job and to provide excellent service with a positive disposition while doing it.