» I-751

Are you ready to become a US citizen? Let’s take a look at the citizenship requirement for continuous residence and physical presence in the United States.

While there are many eligibility requirements to become a US citizen as noted in the Immigration and Nationality Act, to apply for citizenship, which is also referred to as naturalization, key requirements are that you are over the age of 18, have be… Read More
Read More

Can I Change My Name During the Green Card Process?

By Nikita Hernandez, Sumner Immigration Law Paralegal It’s official! You’ve become Mr. or Mrs. and want to take on your spouse’s name while getting your US permanent residence situated, but when is the best time to do that? APPLYING FOR A NAME… Read More
Read More
Categories: Uncategorized

Receipt Notices for Green Cards: The I-751 Receipt Notice vs. The I-90 Receipt Notice

The question of the differences in the types of receipt notices for green card “renewals” is not exactly a riveting topic, but when it comes time to use that receipt notice for documentation of work authorization or to travel and re-enter the US,… Read More
Read More

I-751 Conditional Residence Processing Delays, Receipt Delays, and a Solution?

USCIS has traditionally taken a long time to process the I-751 petitions to remove the conditions on a marriage-based green card — we typically tell clients it will take around a year if everything goes as expected. However, in this current pre… Read More
Read More

Conditional Residence: How to Remove the Conditions of a Marriage-Based Green Card

What is Conditional Residence? When a US citizen spouse or permanent resident petitions for a green card for their foreign national spouse and the couple has been married for less than two years as of the time the residency is approved, USCIS will gr… Read More
Read More